100g Dark Cooking Chocolate
80g Coconut Oil
30g Cocoa or Cacao Powder
100g Cooked Aduki Beans
45g Almond Meal
100g Dates- fresh or dried, pitted
50ml Coconut Milk
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1. Line a small baking tray (approx. 20 X 10 X 6cm or a bit smaller) with baking paper, extending up the sides.
Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Melt chocolate and coconut oil together, over a small pan of simmering water or in a microwave.
3. Make sure all the water is drained off the aduki beans. Place in a food processor or liquidiser with the dates, coconut milk and ground almonds. Puree until they resemble a thick paste.
4. Add beaten egg and vanilla, pulse to combine.
5. Add the chocolate/oil mixture and briefly pulse.
6. Using a spatula, spread into the baking tray.
7. Bake for 25 minutes. Finished brownies should be springy to the touch but still slightly gooey inside.
8. Cool slightly before serving.
These taste good still warm but are easier to cut neatly when completely cold.