Banana Chia Bread
Cake for breakfast is not ideal but for a treat or a swift brekkie on the go with a cup of coffee this one is not too bad at all.
1 Cup Almond meal
1 Cup Wholemeal flour
3 Medium ripe bananas
1 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Pecans (or walnuts), roughly chopped
1/4 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Chia seeds
1/4 Cup Olive oil
1/4 Cup Milk
1/2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
1.Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2.In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
3. Mash the bananas.
4. Whisk the eggs into the milk, olive oil, vanilla and honey.
5. Add the wet mixture and the bananas to the dry ingredients.
7. Line a loaf tin with baking paper, up the sides as well as on the base.
8. Pour/scrape the mixture in.
9. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Test with a skewer to make sure the centre is cooked before removing from the oven and cooling in the tin.